Thursday, June 23, 2005

NY Times: Another Daf Yomi

Some of us are as devoted to daily Talmud scholar?
study of the front page of the
New York Times
as we are to the daf of the day.

Today our reward came not from folio 52 of Tractate Shabbas but from A16 of Tractate NY Times. On this page, Jack Abramoff, an Am Haaretz if ever there was one, is reported to have written an e-mail to Rabbi Daniel Lapin containing the following:
I hate to ask your help with something so silly, but I have been nominated for membership in the Cosmos Club, which is a very distinguished club in Washington, D.C., comprised of Nobel Prize winners, etc. . . . Problem for me is that most prospective members have received awards and I have received none.

I was wondering if you thought it possible that I could put that I have received an award . . . with a sufficiently academic title, perhaps something like scholar of Talmudic studies?
Alas, there is no record of the rabbi's reply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home